- Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer is one of the most popular training aids for teaching the proper impact position for hitting the golf ball. Through practice, this golf impact bag helps eliminate fat and thin golf shots, cure slices and improves overall accuracy.
We all want our club path and impact position to be correct to ensure a squared clubface when the club contacts the golf ball. Our form does not consistently deliver that path, positioning, and impact for many of us. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer gives immediate feedback and teaches golfers the correct position and feel for that moment of impact.
When golfers practice with the Smash Bag, it is easy to physically feel when they have “toed” the bag with the clubhead or left the face wide open. A proper swing with a squared face will give a satisfying impact that can be repeated and learned over time.
By training for the moment of impact, golfers can gain greater consistency at impact and throughout their golf swing. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer:
- Gives you immediate feedback at the critical moment of impact
- Teaches you how to produce the correct feel of a square clubface position at impact.
- Provides a target map on the side of the bag, which gives visual feedback on the quality and accuracy of impact.
At the end of a golf swing practice session, golfers want to feel that they are making progress in improving their golf games. Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer practice sessions give immediate feedback on whether a golfer is squaring the club head on impact. The Smash Bag almost literally tells you when you are making progress!
We recommend that golf impact bag training be used in conjunction with practicing at the golf range or with an at-home practice net (such as this recommended one). Combining the golf impact bag training with practice range shots allows a golfer to immediately apply the “learnings” from the golf impact bag training to real ball strikes.
Also, we would recommend shorter sessions with the golf impact bag. Don’t just repeatedly hit the bag for dozens and dozens of strokes. Take time and try to feel and learn from the impacts on the bag. This type of training takes some thought and minor adjustments to hardwire improvements.
Summary: Why Buy The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer? The Smash Bag Impact Trainer is a great practice aid for golfers who want to practice a square clubface at impact. The bag also helps golfers learn how to create a slight forward lean of the golf shaft with a golfer’s hands in front of the clubface at impact.
Pros and Cons of A Golf Impact Bag
- Time-tested, highly popular swing training aid
- Teaches you proper and repeatable impact position
- Helps eliminate fat and thin golf shots, helps cure slices, and improves overall accuracy
- Target map provides visual feedback on the quality and accuracy of impact
- Heavy-duty, high-impact material and zipper
- Provides a loop that can be staked to the ground
- You must provide cloth filling for the Smash Bag
- While automatic feedback is given by “feel,” golfers will not have actual ball flight to “see” the results of their training swings
- Need to anchor the golf impact bag down for the best results. If outdoors, use a reasonably rigid golf alignment stick that is strong enough to push 3-5 inches into the ground
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW HEAVY SHOULD A FILLED SMASH BAG BE?
No specific weight is specified. A golfer should stuff the bag full of soft towels, sheets, or rags. This type and amount of materials should create an appropriate weight. If the filled bag is too light, it will move around too much. Too heavy and hard, and it might hurt a golfer’s wrists.
SHOULD I ANCHOR THE BAG TO THE GROUND?
When a golfer is outside, anchoring the bag to the ground is a good idea. This anchoring will prevent the undo movement of the bag.
On the backside of the Smash Bag, there is a small loop at the bottom of the bag. A golfer can push a pointed alignment rod into the ground through the loop. This alignment rod can act as an “anchor.”
We consider a golf impact bag to be one of the essential, foundational training tools for learning how to square a clubface at impact.
Similarly, golf alignment sticks are another essential tool that ensures body alignment. Please take a look at our post on our favorite golf alignment sticks.
If you like The Best Golf Training Aids, check out our sister sites: