Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer is one of the most popular training aids for teaching the proper impact position for hitting the golf ball. Through teaching proper impact, this golf impact bag helps eliminate fat and thin golf shots, helps cure slices and improves overall accuracy.
We all want our club path and impact position to be correct to ensure a squared club face when the club contacts the golf ball. For many of us, our form does not consistently deliver that path, positioning and impact. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer gives immediate feedback and teaches golfers the correct position and feel for that moment of impact.
When golfers practice with the Smash Bag, it is easy to physically feel when they have “toed” the bag with the club head or when they have left the face wide open. A proper swing with a squared face will give a satisfying impact that can be repeated and learned over time.
By training for the moment of impact, golfers can gain greater consistency at impact and throughout their golf swing. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer immediately gives you the feedback at the critical moment of impact. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer will teach you how to produce the correct feel of a square club face position at impact. The Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer also provides a target map on the side of the bag which gives visual feedback on the quality and accuracy of impact.
At the end of a golf swing practice session, golfers want to feel that they are making progress in improving their golf games. Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer practice sessions give immediate feedback on whether a golfer is squaring the club head on impact. The Smash Bag almost literally tells you when you are making progress!
We recommend that golf impact bag training be used in conjunction with practicing at the golf range or with an at home practice net (such as this recommended one). Combining the golf impact bag training with practice range shots allows a golfer to immediately apply the “learnings” from the golf impact bag training swings to real ball strikes.
Also, we would not recommend long sessions with the golf impact bag. Don’t just repeatedly hit the bag for dozens and dozens of strokes. Take time and really try to feel and learn from the impacts to the bag. This type of training takes some thought and minor adjustments in order to hardwire improvements.
Pros and Cons of A Golf Impact Bag
- Time tested, highly popular swing training aid
- Teaches you proper and repeatable impact position
- Helps eliminate fat and thin golf shots, helps cure slices and improves overall accuracy
- Target map provides visual feedback on the quality and accuracy of impact
- Heavy-duty, high-impact material and zipper
- Provides loop that can be staked to the ground
- You must provide your own cloth filling for the Smash Bag
- While automatic feedback is given by “feel”, golfers will not have actual ball flight to “see” the results of their training swings
- Need to anchor the golf impact bag down for best results. If outdoors, use a fairly rigid golf alignment stick that is strong enough to push 3-5 inches into the ground
Take a moment to view the demonstration video below to see how to use the Sklz golf impact bag.
We consider a golf impact bag to be one of the basic, foundational training tools for learning how to square a clubface at impact.
Similarly we believe that golf alignment sticks are another essential tool focused on ensuring body alignment. Take a look at our post on our favorite golf alignment sticks.