The Putter Wheel Golf Trainer is a two-in-one training system that helps golfers learn how to consistently hit putts straight. The primary putting aid resembles a golf ball that has had its two sides cut off creating a “wheel” shape.
The “putter wheel” is designed to replicate the weight and feel of hitting a real golf ball to give a true sense of contact and roll. When practicing, putts that are not hit “square” will cause the putting wheel to move off of the intended line.
At impact a golfer’s putter needs to be square to the target line without imparting excessive side spin. Due to its engineered design, the wheel gives immediate feedback on putting contact and stroke. The wheel will not roll straight if impact isn’t proper; instead it will wobble and move off line. In fact, the putter wheel is designed to “amplify” improper putting strokes. Through practice, golfers will learn a proper putting stroke and how to keep the putter face squared for impact to roll putts in a correct manner.
An additional aspect of the putter wheel is that it helps golfers practice setting their eyes directly over the golf ball. Many professionals swear by this positioning for their putting stance.
The putter wheel is designed with red circles on both of its sides. If a golfer is standing over the putter wheel and is able to see either the near or far side red “sidewalls” then he knows that the position of his eyes is not directly over the ball. These sidewalls give immediate and effective feedback for golfers to practice a correct set up position over the ball. If a golfer sees the sidewalls he is standing too close or too far from the ball.
The second putting aid is a “2 line alignment template” which golfers can snap onto their golf balls to draw two parallel lines to replicate the aiming experience of the putter wheel. After a golfer has practiced with the putter wheel on the practice green he can easily transition what has been hardwired through practice onto the course. The lines drawn on a “live” ball are the same width apart as the edges of the wheel and will give a golfer the same sense of alignment that he will experience while practicing with the putter wheel.
Pros and Cons of the Putter Wheel Golf Trainer
- The putter wheel gives immediate feedback to teach proper putting
- Two in one putting aid
- F\The putter wheel feels and rolls like a real golf ball
- Comes with pouch to hold both aids
- Small size allows easy storage in a golf bag
- Can be used either indoors or outdoors
- Some critics have felt that a single line drawn around the center of a golf ball can give similar training for less expense
- One putting wheel might not be sufficient for effective practice session. We recommend that golfers should buy a three pack
- Buying multiple putting wheels can get expensive
- Will not help golfers learn how to read slopes or control speed. The aid only focuses on consistently squared impact