The All Turf Mats, 3 X 5 Feet Super Tee Golf Mat is a fantastic indoor/outdoor golf practice mat for golfers who want to use real tees and who want the feel of a fairway at a great price point.
- The Super Tee Golf Mat has 1.125-inch turf with a urethane backing (see image below)
- The mat is constructed using highly durable 100% spring-crimped nylon
- The turf will not fade, bunch, or leave residue on your club
- The mat can be used indoors or outdoors on a flat surface
The mat’s thickness allows golfers to make an ascending or descending impact while simulating the feeling of hitting off a fairway. Golfers will know when they hit the ball too “fat” because the thick turf will slow the clubhead. One of the most significant advantages of the thick and dense turf is its protection of a golfer’s wrists and elbows.
We have all gone to a golf range with worn-out or very thin golf mats placed directly on concrete. After a full practice session on those mats, we often experience significant arm pain in the wrist, forearm, or elbow. The Super Tee Golf Mat’s cushioning effect all but eliminates the jarring impact.
While the mat’s thickness is a significant benefit, the mat has other advantages based on its design. The 3 X 5-foot size of the mat allows golfers to stand at the same level as the ball, whether using a wedge or a driver. If the mat were smaller, a golfer would be standing more than an inch lower than than the ball. Not good.
In addition, this golf practice mat allows golfers to use real golf tees. This feature enables golfers to use varying height tees for irons through drivers. And a real tee offers an authentic hitting experience instead of the deflection caused by a thick, stationary rubber tee.
Summary: Why Buy the All Turf Mats, Super Tee Golf Mat? The Super Tee Golf mat is a high-quality, durable golf mat for residential golf practice. The 3 X 5 foot size is ideal for practicing wedges through a driver. The thick 1.125-inch turf will protect clubs and arms while allowing golfers to use real golf tees.
Pros and Cons of the Super Tee Golf Mat
- The mat comes at a great price point for the feel and durability
- It is designed for real golf tees, allowing a variety of tee heights
- The 1.125-inch thickness minimizes wrist and elbow soreness from impact
- The thickness feels like hitting off of a real fairway
- Highly durable 100% spring crimped nylon material
- The material will not fade, bunch, weather, or leave marks on your club
- The 3 x 5-foot size is perfect for all clubs — wedges through driver
- The mat can be rolled to an approximate 10-inch diameter for easy storage
- The mat has no holes for rubber, fixed height golf mat tees
Editor’s note: I have owned this mat for over three years in the northeast and have abused it by leaving it outside for at least one winter. I have not experienced any issues at all.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS THE ALL-TURF, SUPER TEE GOLF MAT OFFERED IN ANY OTHER SIZES?
All Turf Mats offers this style mat in a few different sizes. We find the 3 X 5 foot format is the best for at-home use. Some of their other sizes include:
DOES THE SUPER TEE HAVE HOLES FOR FIXED-HEIGHT RUBBER TEES?
These mats are specifically designed to use “real” tees. They do not have holes for rubber tees.
DOES THE SUPER TEE GOLF MAT HAVE A RUBBERIZED BOTTOM PAD?
No, the Super Tee does not have a rubberized pad. That said, the density and thickness of the turf provide excellent shock absorption to protect clubs, wrists, and elbows. In addition, a club will not just bounce off the bottom of the Super Tee Golf Mat, as with many rubberized, padded mats.
Are you looking to buy a smaller, more portable mat? Click here to check out our favorite small golf practice mat.
Most folks buying a golf mat also need to purchase a golf net. Unfortunately, we have not found inexpensive nets that can handle the ball speed of a well-hit drive. The ball tends to rip through the net due to its speed and size. We recommend one premium golf practice net with a guarantee against tearing.
If you like The Best Golf Training Aids, check out our sister sites: